In Focus: Argan Oil. 9 ways to use it in your beauty routine!
Argan Oil in its raw, natural form brings an abundance of positive healthy effects for your skin, hair and nails thanks to its rich content of beneficial vitamins, minerals and antioxidants; many studies have shown that it has high levels of:
- Omega-6 essential fatty acids
- Linoleic acid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
Here is a list of the ways you can use Argan Oil in your beauty routine:
- Whole body and face moisturizer applied only on a clean skin, during the daytime and nighttime
- For your hair, apply Argan oil directly or mix it in with your favorite conditioner. After taking your bath and drying your hair, you can gently apply 2-4 drops as a leave-in conditioner
- For frizzy hair, you will notice less frizziness as soon as you apply it. After a few weeks of use of Argan oil, your hair will have less frizz, fly-aways, and split-ends, as well as more bounce and body to it. You are also giving your hair more natural protection against all type of damages.
- Natural treatment for mild to moderate cases of skin conditions, such as psoriasis and acne. You may also gently rub a drop of it into your lips
- Exfoliating agent by mixing 2 drops of argan oil with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and rubbing it on your wet face for 2 minutes
- Anti-aging natural product applied and gently rubbed on the skin
- Natural treatment for dry patches of skin on the elbows, knees and feet
- Skin toner, usually by combining it with a store-bought toner or with a homemade toner (i.e., let a green tea bag steep in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes, remove the tea bag, and add 2-4 drops of argan oil with your favorite essential oil like orange).
- For routine hydration, for your face, neck and skin, start your routine by applying a few drops of Argan oil on your face and body. You will only need 1-3 drops for your arms and chest, as well as a few more drops for your lower limbs.
Keep in mind that you can use a single drop for your face and neck since it is rich enough to cover the entire area, and always make sure to place the drops of argan oil on your palm first and rub it a few times between your palms before applying it in gentle circular motions for your skin or moderate motion for your hair.